Friday, January 27, 2012

New Illustration Project




In a quest for some steady employment to support my painting habit, I have taken on a few part time endeavors. One is doing 62 illustrations for a self-empowerment book. I was intrigued by the subject matter and the freedom it gave to express. One thing I didn't anticipate is that the joyous discover came in the first week and now I am on auto pilot trying to recreate the success and make the book consistent. Maybe I should have made each illustration look unique like it was done by a different person or picked four styles and made it look like it was done by four different illustrators? Anyway it is a learning experience and I am proving to myself that I can be disciplined and stay on a schedule. Another of my endeavors is training to be a floral designer. It is really fun and I enjoy using my knowledge of color and design in a whole new way. I am in need of more practice and having some real failures but my teacher is very encouraging and optimistic. My third venture is going to be teaching an acrylic workshop to adults in February at MadArts. I am very excited about this. I have never taught painting to adults and I am interested in how it will go. I will also be anxious to get back to painting. I am pining for it which is a good thing; absence makes the heart grow fonder.

My illustrations are a combination of painting, drawing and digital methods.

No comments: