Saturday, October 23, 2010

Busy Fall


I love Halloween for all it's opportunities to be creative and let your imagination run free.

And these are some of the creative things we have been up to in preschool art class. We looked at two children's book illustrators: Saxton Freymann and Eric Carle. Freymann illustrates with fruits and vegetables so we created some tomatoes with play dough and black eyed peas for eyes. The children enjoyed taking pictures of their creations and I displayed them on a digital frame. We also looked at the well known children's book author and illustrator, Eric Carle who wrote The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We painted papers using several different methods to create textures. Another day, when the papers were dry we tore them and filled in a butterfly shape.




2 comments:

Ande said...

You are doing some wonderful projects with your preschoolers. I taught preschool art for 7 years and was always excited by their imaginative capacity to see and explore. You are planting creative seeds that will last a lifetime!

Carol Barber said...

Hi Ande
I hope I make out to your TIOGA show. I would love to see it.
I read somewhere that you once started your own art education center or something like that. I would like to hear more about it sometime. I would like to do a Gainesville Art breakfast or coffee sometime. What do you think?
Carol