Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Paint Out


Bunny Hide and Seek


This was my piece for last week's Paint Out in Melrose, Florida. Any media is allowed in this paint out.

The week was exhausting especially since my husband was out of town and I was taking care of my children and working on my piece during the night. But the reception was exciting and fun. Now I am sorry it is all over. My mixed media got first prize in the garden category and was also purchased. So it was well worth the effort. I transfered color copies of pictures I took on to canvas and then worked on it with acrylics, paper and a little oil pastels. Then I sealed it with a UV protecting varnish. I choose this mixed media route because I thought it would be easier with my limited time. I couldn't work on site much because it is 4o minutes away and I also helped sit the gallery a few hours. But the process turned out to be laborious, especially to get the isolated pictures to come together as a whole.

Now what to do next?

No comments: