Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Pink Notes

This painting, Pink Notes, spoke to me in new ways. I find the process of collage so satisfying and an inventive way of working. I have been trying to bring that way of working into painting. This painting has some collage added to it and it has a history of layers but still retains some of it's initial thin washes. This is the first time I thought of shapes not just coming together to construct something but expanding apart and still relating to each other. I love finding those relationships and to me this is visually composing. I have very limited musical knowledge but this process and painting feels like visual music to me. Notes (or shapes) hanging in the air, expanding and leading to another.


Pink Notes, 12” x 24”,
acrylic and collaged paper on canvas, Carol H. Barber©2017

Sweet Secrets, 8” x 10”,
acrylic and collaged paper on paper, Carol H. Barber©2017

No comments: