Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Images, Positive Directions





I am so excited to have lots of new images to post. First I have the two sketches with my son's art materials that pointed me in a new direction for my paintings. It is a way of working with varied lines and shapes and thick and thin color applications until a form emerges. I attempted some of the methods from them in a large painting of a bird, I entitled "Looking for Home". The narrative developed during the process which is fun. I like the painting but think maybe I should have attempted a smaller one first, this is about 3.5 feet tall. I am pleased with it though. I am also posting a plein air painting I did during the Paint Out my cooperative gallery is hosting. This is not my usual genre but I was pleasantly surprised how it turned out. All in all, getting out of my comfort zone and trying some new things was stimulating and hopefully beneficial to my work.

3 comments:

Jacie Wiggs said...

Hey there, Thank you for your lovely comments Carol. A nice Surprise! Wow! You have some very interesting working happening here. Great color combinations, loads of interest!

Jayné Grant said...

Outstanding Carol! We are really looking forward to your exhibit in the Santa Fe Gallery. You and your works bring a breath of fresh air to Gainesville and our surrounding communities. Keep up the hard work. Your growth as an artist has been truly exciting to follow. I love your new pieces, great colors!

Karen said...

I just love this painting. All of these really make your eyes pop and your mind start ticking...I wish I had a pinch of your creativity!!!